By Kevin Strohm
On Thursday, March 25th, IPED hosted our annual alumni networking day. This year the event had to be virtual, but we used that to our advantage by having alumni from around the world join us for a great conversation. We split the event up into morning and evening sessions. Find the morning recording here, and evening recording here.
Dr. S gave welcome remarks, followed by presentations from 4 alumni, and ending with Q&A between all the event participants.
The four alumni presenters were:
- Justin Modesto, IPED 2009, Global Coalition on Teacher Professional Development (TPD) at Scale in the Global South
- Oliver Hughes, IPED 2011, Mercy Corps – Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Whitney Wilding-Hughes, IPED 2011, Viamo
- Sokhana Caza, IPED 2013, Bloomberg
Dr. S gave welcome remarks, followed by presentations from 3 alumni, and Q&A between all the event participants afterwords. The night ended with students being recognized for receiving summer funding and those who recently won prestigious awards.
The three alumni presenters were:
- Sandra Yu, IPED 1992, Local Strategies for Decent Work Specialist, International Labour Organization
- Brendan Walsh, IPED 2004, Co-founder & Principal, Markets Policy Partners
- Andra Tomsa, IPED 2012 , Founder & CEO, Spare Change Inc.
Thank you to all the alumni who participated in this event either as speakers or attendees, and to those alumni who donate their time in other ways to our students and program as a whole. We also want to thank alumni who continue to support our program financially. It is because of you that our students are able to complete amazing summer study and internship opportunities!
We look forward to seeing everyone in person as soon as we can!